[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class::HTMLWidget (checkboxes)

Dennis Schön ds at 1d10t.de
Fri Jul 14 11:15:46 CEST 2006

Hi,

i already tried to contact the authors of DBIx::Class::HTMLWidget but
got no reply. So maybe somebody here can help me.

I've a application which uses DBIx::Class:HTMLWidget. On one page one
can set options via textfields, selectboxes and checkboxes. Everything
except the checkboxes got saved. There was no error message, the element
names where correct...

I narrowed the problem down to the following code in HTMLWidget.pm line 43:

my %cb = map {$_->name => undef if
$_->isa('HTML::Widget::Element::Checkbox')} @{ $result->{_elements} };

[the %cb hash ought to contain the checkbox names as keys]

I replaced that line with the not so fancy, but for me working:
my %cb;
foreach (@{ $result->{_elements} }) {
     if ( $_->isa('HTML::Widget::Element::Checkbox') ) {
         $cb{$_->name} = undef;
     }
}

Now my question: is that a bug? Or just a problem with my perl version?
Anybody else having problems with DBix::Class:HTMLWidget and checkboxes?

Dennis

--
"... [it is] something unearthly ... If there are sentient beings
on other planets, then they play Go."