[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class::HTMLWidget (checkboxes)

Ash Berlin ash at cpan.org
Fri Jul 14 11:50:31 CEST 2006

Dennis Schön wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i already tried to contact the authors of DBIx::Class::HTMLWidget but
> got no reply. So maybe somebody here can help me.

This is the right place - either this or on #catalyst or #dbix-class on
irc.perl.org
> I've a application which uses DBIx::Class:HTMLWidget. On one page one
> can set options via textfields, selectboxes and checkboxes. Everything
> except the checkboxes got saved. There was no error message, the element
> names where correct...
>
> I narrowed the problem down to the following code in HTMLWidget.pm line 43:
>
> my %cb = map {$_->name => undef if
> $_->isa('HTML::Widget::Element::Checkbox')} @{ $result->{_elements} };
>
> [the %cb hash ought to contain the checkbox names as keys]
>
> I replaced that line with the not so fancy, but for me working:
> my %cb;
> foreach (@{ $result->{_elements} }) {
>      if ( $_->isa('HTML::Widget::Element::Checkbox') ) {
>          $cb{$_->name} = undef;
>      }
> }
>
> Now my question: is that a bug? Or just a problem with my perl version?
> Anybody else having problems with DBix::Class:HTMLWidget and checkboxes?
>
> Dennis

Could you test the latest SVN version?
http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/trunk/DBIx-Class-HTMLWidget/

I know there have been a lot of changes to the CB code. Let us know how
the SVN version copes with you checkboxes.

Thanks
Ash