[Dbix-class] Class::DBI vs DBIx and CDBICompat

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 15:38:30 CEST 2006

On 6/24/06, Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior <acid06 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/24/06, Daniel Westermann-Clark <daniel at acceleration.net> wrote:
> > cpan-testers doesn't show any failures, and in fact has one PASS for
> > on MSWin32:
> >
> > http://cpantesters.perl.org/show/DBIx-Class.html#DBIx-Class-0.06003
> >
> > Could you point us to the ActiveState reports?  Given that 0.07000 is
> > coming soon, it'd be great to deal with any problems now.
>
> If cpan-testers was something integrated with the CPAN shell you'd see
> at least half a dozen failures just from my attempts at installing it
> on different machines.
>
> The latest -current doesn't have the offending test case included
> (which was t\cdbi-t\02-Film.t) but has another failures in the 86 and
> 89 test cases. The 86 test case issue seems to be already known since
> I remember seeing a topic message at #dbix-class about it. However, I
> don't really know whether the 89 test case failure is expected or not.

IMHO, if anyone - a user, ActiveState, etc is getting test failures on
a released package, it is their responsibility to report it via email,
irc, rt.cpan.org, or whatever other reasonable means.  You can't
expect module authors to read minds and/or google for test results
published by other people.  If someone doesn't feel like reporting a
problem, then they can't very well complain about it not being fixed.

-- Brandon