[Dbix-class] Class::DBI vs DBIx and CDBICompat

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 17:10:16 CEST 2006

On 6/25/06, Brandon Black <blblack at gmail.com> wrote:
> IMHO, if anyone - a user, ActiveState, etc is getting test failures on
> a released package, it is their responsibility to report it via email,
> irc, rt.cpan.org, or whatever other reasonable means.  You can't
> expect module authors to read minds and/or google for test results
> published by other people.  If someone doesn't feel like reporting a
> problem, then they can't very well complain about it not being fixed.

You can't reasonably expect ActiveState to report the test failures
since they've got an automated build. The best they could do is report
through cpan-testers and I don't know whether they already do it or
not.

However, I completely agree that users in general should be
responsible for reporting the test failures to the authors. That's
something I always do. In fact, this specific test case failure has
already been reported on this mailing list on April 7th by Daniel
Westermann-Clark. I also reported it at least twice to Matt on IRC
(one time when 0.06002 came out then when 0.06003 came out, if memory
serves me well).

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.