[Dbix-class] Class::DBI vs DBIx and CDBICompat

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sun Jun 25 18:31:41 CEST 2006

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior wrote:
> On 6/25/06, Brandon Black <blblack at gmail.com> wrote:
>> IMHO, if anyone - a user, ActiveState, etc is getting test failures on
>> a released package, it is their responsibility to report it via email,
>> irc, rt.cpan.org, or whatever other reasonable means.  You can't
>> expect module authors to read minds and/or google for test results
>> published by other people.  If someone doesn't feel like reporting a
>> problem, then they can't very well complain about it not being fixed.
>
> You can't reasonably expect ActiveState to report the test failures
> since they've got an automated build. The best they could do is report
> through cpan-testers and I don't know whether they already do it or
> not.
>
> However, I completely agree that users in general should be
> responsible for reporting the test failures to the authors. That's
> something I always do. In fact, this specific test case failure has
> already been reported on this mailing list on April 7th by Daniel
> Westermann-Clark.

Bullshit. That was something entirely unrelated that happened to cause a
failure in the same test on a development branch.

 > I also reported it at least twice to Matt on IRC
> (one time when 0.06002 came out then when 0.06003 came out, if memory
> serves me well).

Dropping into the channel and mentioning something doesn't constitute a proper
report - if you don't get a response, hit rt.cpan.org or the mailing list. I
do try to pay attention to bug reports on IRC but it's not exactly a
guaranteed means - plus there are a hell of a lot more committers and
contributors than just me who are more likely to see it on the list.