[Dbix-class] Windows installation failure logs please

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 19:09:24 CEST 2006

On 6/25/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> Could you try
>
> http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2006/04/25/free-unreferenced-scalar-dbi-lwp.html
>
> as well, please? I'm starting to seriously wonder if this isn't an issue with
> AS' 5.8.8 build rather than DBIx-Class.

I've tested and, as the author stated, the warning came up for t1 and
t3. But the result is right.

This "Attempt to free unreferenced scalar" warning has been happening
since Perl 5.8.7 and it happens all over the place. But it's just a
warning and I've never seen anything break because of it, it's just
annoying.

This isn't something that only happens on Windows, though. I've seen
it happen several times under Linux, too. The thing is that it really
happens everywhere under Windows and it got worse from 5.8.7 to 5.8.8.
When running the Catalyst test server, for example, these warnings
become fairly annoying and originate from SQL::Abstract::Limit. I also
have the impression that if you compile things using GCC instead of VS
you more of them.

I don't know if it also happens on non-AS Windows builds of perl
because, honestly, I've never tried any of those. If someone could
point me a non-AS Windows perl build that isn't too much of a hassle
to install, I'd happily try it out and report the results.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.