[Dbix-class] Windows installation failure logs please

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sun Jun 25 23:03:10 CEST 2006

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior wrote:
> On 6/25/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
>> Could you try
>>
>> http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2006/04/25/free-unreferenced-scalar-dbi-lwp.html
>>
>> as well, please? I'm starting to seriously wonder if this isn't an issue with
>> AS' 5.8.8 build rather than DBIx-Class.
>
> I've tested and, as the author stated, the warning came up for t1 and
> t3. But the result is right.
>
> This "Attempt to free unreferenced scalar" warning has been happening
> since Perl 5.8.7 and it happens all over the place. But it's just a
> warning and I've never seen anything break because of it, it's just
> annoying.
>
> This isn't something that only happens on Windows, though. I've seen
> it happen several times under Linux, too. The thing is that it really
> happens everywhere under Windows and it got worse from 5.8.7 to 5.8.8.
> When running the Catalyst test server, for example, these warnings
> become fairly annoying and originate from SQL::Abstract::Limit. I also
> have the impression that if you compile things using GCC instead of VS
> you more of them.

We're still using AS 5.8.7 here and it doesn't seem to do it noticeably often;
then again the windows boxen tend to just do lightweight demos so it's
probably not a proper workout.

Could you try -current on your system as well, please? Given I want to ship an
RC in the next day or two failures on there are rather more important than
06003 :)