[Dbix-class] Oracle Auto-PK no longer works after upgrade to 0.05xxx and conversion to Schema

James FitzGibbon jfitzgibbon at primustel.ca
Wed Mar 8 21:43:23 CET 2006

I can't find any reference to this on the PK::Auto page.  In fact, the
documentation seems to point the other way:

"load the appropriate one for your database, e.g. PK::Auto::SQLite, in your
table classes"

"for example, if you have different databases and need to determine the
appropriate PK::Auto class at runtime"

unixbeard wrote Class::DBI::BaseDSN, which tried to do this, but I'm not
sure if it's technique would be compatible with C3.  It inspected the DSN,
took the DBD out, loaded Class::DBI::$DSN and then re-wrote @ISA to replace
Class::DBI::BaseDSN with Class::DBI::$DSN.

If this works in C3, it would require calling Class::C3::reinitialize.  I
think it's this manipulation of @ISA at runtime that is screwing me up.  I
did a test with my problematic code, having SPE::DBIx::Class load the
PK::Auto::Oracle component at compile time and commenting out my load a
runtime bits.  Now, the correct insert method is called.

I just realized that I'm still using C3 0.09, so I'm going to upgrade to
0.11 and see if that fixes things.