[Dbix-class] RFC: Database capabilities

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Mar 29 14:09:07 CEST 2006

What things *haven't* you been able to get DBIC to do with your database that
you'd like to be able to? The main things I'd kill for are -

Sub-select support
EXISTS and NOT EXISTS (which needs sub-selects really :)
An easy way to make a resultset into a "virtual view" - i.e. a resultsource
which can then be caused to put itself into a FROM clause
Complete and working deploy, and incremental deploy
More complex join conditions

Now, (1) I'd like to know what else should be on that list, (2) I'd like to
know which of these are seen as most important by the user base. Get your
thinking hats on and reply here.