[Dbix-class] RFC: Database capabilities

Paul Makepeace lists.rawmode.org at paulm.com
Wed Mar 29 16:11:08 CEST 2006

Je 2006-03-29 13:09:07 +0100, Matt S Trout skribis:
> What things *haven't* you been able to get DBIC to do with your database that
> you'd like to be able to? The main things I'd kill for are -

I know I sound like I'm droning on about this but...

I'd like to be able to talk to DBIC in SQL rather than its own dialect
of perl data structures. I'm thinking an SQL parser that generated DBIC
code. (A consequence of this is abstracting some of the RDMBS dialect
differences away *at the SQL level*.)

As a fantasy wish-list item, I'd like DBIC to derive the relationships
and create the various rels without me doing it at all in the class
definitions. DBIC could then use these relationships in the creation of
the DBIC perl data structure dialect above.

Paul

--
Paul Makepeace .............................. http://paulm.com/inchoate/

"If you have no mouth, then hitler was incompetent because to many live
 to tell tall tales."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/