[Dbix-class] RFC: Documentation/manual improvements

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Wed Mar 29 14:38:51 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 13:13 +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
> A more interesting question is - what took you a while to get your
> head round conceptually, and what features did you find incredibly useful once
> you were using them but hard to get up and working in the first place?

The biggest problem for me has been (and still is) getting a handle on
how all the various classes hook together.  What I would really like is
some form of diagram showing the links.

Basically I end up struggling with questions such as:-
      * I have a row object, I want to find out (say) what are the
        related objects... which I can get from a ResultSource object,
        but actually I can use those methods on the row object too...

So ideally I'd like to get some form of relationship diagram which shows
how things are hooked together (ie ResultSet->result_source), but also
whats inheriting from what...

[I'm not even sure of a good way to represent this]

	Nigel.