[Dbix-class] ENUM values from MySQL using the column_info()

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sat May 13 14:49:19 CEST 2006

Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:
> Hmm, what I was proposing at that time was to lowercase the retrieved
> hash with columns info and then also lowercase the column name when
> matching.  The effect would be exacly caseinsensitiviness but I was
> not using that word.  I felt that what was expected from me was
> something more magical.

Ok. The debate was as to whether the column_info($col) stuff itself
could become case insensitive, which it can't. So long as you're only
lower casing stuff for the purposes of matching it up (and try a
case-sensitive match first so name/NAME works on DBDs that support it)
I'm fine with that.

> Thats nice that we have that over - when I have some time I'll code it.
>
> The left questions are:
> - when the error should be emitted

If the user supplies columns like 'name' and 'NAME' and the DBD just
returns 'name', I guess we just stuff both of them with that result and
the user can have his foot shot off if that's the result.

> - what to do if quoting is being used

Not sure how this impacts things?