[Dbix-class] Quoting and separation of (wierd) names

Stephan Szabo sszabo at megazone.bigpanda.com
Mon May 15 22:00:42 CEST 2006

The "ENUM values..." thread got off onto discussion of names and case
sensitivity and the like. Since mst asked me to ask my question about
period containing names in a new thread, here it is.

Is there any way to reference the column in a table definition like this?
create table "Test" (
 "This.That" varchar(5)
);

I think the correct reference for something where we're giving a table
correlation name would look something like:
 select "me"."This.That" from "Test" me;

I don't know if any combination of current arguments will allow that apart
from forcing quoting off and actually making the quotes part of the names
(which would probably then foul up things like column_info).

With only quote_char it sounds like we can get references like
"me.This.That" and with quote_char and name_sep it looks like we'd get
"me"."This"."That" (which fails on pg and is supposed to fail on sql
compatible dbs I think).