[Dbix-class] update_or_insert from hash reference

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue May 23 21:46:34 CEST 2006

Fernan Aguero wrote:
> +----[ Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> (23.May.2006 16:32):
> |

> [ snipped ]
>
> | >For some reason, my head insisted on trying to impose the
> | >logic of the process (which in my head was 'search' first
> | >and then 'update_or_create').
> |
> | If you fancy having a go at writing some more examples for the Manual
> | that would have made this clear to you first time round, we'd be happy
> | to have them :)
> |
> +----]
>
> I'll be glad to write some more usage examples and
> contribute them back.
>
> But first, let me get a little further along. I'll try now
> to add a few tables more to my test (with has_many,
> belongs_to, etc.) and see how it goes.

Absolutely fine - glad to have you up and running at all :)

But I've learned from a long time back that people who're new to
libraries are the best at writing introductory docs, because they know
what needs more documentation - whereas once you're used to how to use
it it's a bit hard to tell.

And if you don't ask, you don't get. Take your time though; whatever you
can get round to whenever you have time for it will be much appreciated.
> Meanwhile, I'll start by cloning the
> DBIx::Class::Manual::Example basic structure and
> start writing what I already have ...

Sounds like a plan to me.