[Dbix-class] Branch status reports please

Daniel Westermann-Clark daniel at acceleration.net
Wed May 24 22:35:56 CEST 2006

On 2006-05-24 13:20:32 +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
> find_compat
>    - dwc
>    - needs to merge back for 07 since it makes older find semantics
> still work without disrupting the new and improved unique-key-driven
> find

I started last night by allowing the non-unique queries through and by
adding warnings for the obvious cases.

My hope is to clean up the method a little before merging back, since
it's a little unwieldy with all the compat stuff added back.

I'm still undecided about the concept of allowing a search on a unique
key plus some other constraint.  For example:

$rs->find({ id => 1, name => 'Another Constraint' });

In my mind the definition of find has always been to search by key
only, but it seems others think differently.  ;)

On another note, I'd like to add support eventually for automatically
named unique constraints.  For instance:

__PACKAGE__->table('mytable');
__PACKAGE__->add_columns(qw/id name description/);
__PACKAGE__->set_primary_key('id');
__PACKAGE__->add_unique_constraint([ qw/name description/ ]);

would add a unique constraint named 'mytable_name_description', but
this may not make the deadline.

--
Daniel Westermann-Clark