[Dbix-class] Announcement: DBIx-Class-0.06999_01

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sun May 28 23:06:48 CEST 2006

Dan Horne wrote:
>> From: dbix-class-bounces at lists.rawmode.org [mailto:dbix-class-
>> bounces at lists.rawmode.org] On Behalf Of Aran Deltac
> [snip]
>> Also, the change list stated that there is a new AutoInflate::DateTime
>> module.  This modules name is actually InflateColumn::DateTime.
>>
>> Aran
>
> I'm curious to know how to make use of InflateColumn::DateTime. Do I need to
> explicitly define date time columns as a datetime data type in my table
> classes, or does this happen automagically?

Needs to be defined in your table class currently; I always use DBIC to
generate my CREATE TABLE statements so I'm defining all my data types
anyway.

> Will this work with DBs like Oracle?

It'll work with any db for which the datetime_parser method on the
appropriate Storage class returns a suitable class/object. I've done
sqlite, mysql, pg, db and (hopefully) SQL Server; testing of the rest
and suitable patches would be very welcome.