[Dbix-class] Announcement: DBIx-Class-0.06999_01

Dan Horne dan.horne at redbone.co.nz
Mon May 29 00:05:22 CEST 2006

> On Behalf Of Matt S Trout
> Dan Horne wrote:
> >> From: dbix-class-bounces at lists.rawmode.org [mailto:dbix-class-
> >> bounces at lists.rawmode.org] On Behalf Of Aran Deltac
> > [snip]
> >> Also, the change list stated that there is a new
> >> AutoInflate::DateTime module.  This modules name is actually
> >> InflateColumn::DateTime.
> >>
> >> Aran
> >
> > I'm curious to know how to make use of
> InflateColumn::DateTime. Do I
> > need to explicitly define date time columns as a datetime
> data type in
> > my table classes, or does this happen automagically?
>
> Needs to be defined in your table class currently; I always
> use DBIC to
> generate my CREATE TABLE statements so I'm defining all my data types
> anyway.

Ah - I use a CASE tool, so it's a bit more problematic.

> > Will this work with DBs like Oracle?
>
> It'll work with any db for which the datetime_parser method on the
> appropriate Storage class returns a suitable class/object. I've done
> sqlite, mysql, pg, db and (hopefully) SQL Server; testing of the rest
> and suitable patches would be very welcome.

Well, I'm new to DBIx::Class and have only started looking under the covers,
but if someone's willing to give me some pointers, I'm happy to look at the
Oracle side of things if it hasn't been looked at already ... unless I'm
stepping on someone's toes...

Dan