[Dbix-class] Issues with using the as=>[...] parameter

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 23:48:01 GMT 2006

On 11/2/06, John Napiorkowski <jjn1056 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not sure if I am doing this correctly.  I am trying to
> order a result by the count of something but the 'as'
> parameter doesn't seem to do what I think it should
> do:

[...]

From: http://search.cpan.org/dist/DBIx-Class/lib/DBIx/Class/ResultSet.pm#as :

Please note: This will NOT insert an AS employee_count into the SQL
statement produced, it is used for internal access only. Thus
attempting to use the accessor in an order_by clause or similar will
fail miserably.

To get around this limitation, you can supply literal SQL to your
select attibute that contains the AS alias text, eg:

  select => [\'myfield AS alias']

-- Brandon