[Dbix-class] Enumerated type

Daniel Westermann-Clark dwc at pobox.com
Tue Nov 7 05:26:31 GMT 2006

On 2006-11-06 23:54:37 +0000, Josef Karthauser wrote:
> Is it possible to extract a list of possible values for an
> enumerated type using DBIx?  I think that this is possible in
> Class::DBI, so I expect it's possible here too, but I can't find it
> in the docs.

After a quick grepping of the source, it doesn't appear to have come
up before.

MySQL supports enumerated types, but are there others?  I suspect such
things are fairly database specific, and thus would need to be
implemented in the appropriate Storage::DBI subclass.  Perhaps an
enum_values('column_name') on ResultSource which checks for support on
the storage?

--
Daniel Westermann-Clark