[Dbix-class] ANNOUNCE: Datetime::Format::Oracle

Nathan Gray kolibrie at graystudios.org
Tue Nov 7 22:06:33 GMT 2006

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 11:16:59AM -0500, Nathan Gray wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 04:55:50PM +0100, Hartmaier Alexander wrote:
> > At the moment I use Datetime::Format::MySQL because my 'ALTER SESSION' statements in on_connect_do set the date format to exactly the same which D::F::MySQL uses.
>
> I noticed that DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle was defaulting to
> DateTime::Format::MySQL.
>
> I wonder how much havoc it will create to point to
> DateTime::Format::Oracle, especially since it currently requires an
> environment variable to be set.

Well, I guess DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle would just have to
check the value of $ENV{NLS_DATE_FORMAT}, and if it was not set, would
set it to the MySQL-compatible format, then send it merrily along to
DateTime::Format::Oracle instead of DateTime::Format::MySQL.

Hopefully that would not break backwards compatibility, but would
give users the flexibility to use Oracle timestamp datatypes.

-kolibrie