[Dbix-class] Postgresql and binary data support

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 10 19:05:41 GMT 2006

Hi,

I know this issue comes up from time to time about
support for BLOB/BYTEA, but I was wondering if anyone
was doing anything other than the transaction method
suggested a few months ago?  I actually have a work
assignment for this (ie I'm getting paid to work on
it) to see if we can improve this function.  We are
going to be using this to stream media files and could
really use something like an IO handle where we could
position the seek.

What do you all think of having BLOB/BTYEA/LOB types
return a bidirectional IO handle?

-john