[Dbix-class] Postgresql and binary data support

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 10 20:43:03 GMT 2006

--- Nathan Gray <kolibrie at graystudios.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 11:05:41AM -0800, John
> Napiorkowski wrote:
> > What do you all think of having BLOB/BTYEA/LOB
> types
> > return a bidirectional IO handle?
>
> Would that be an InflateColumn plugin similar to
> DBIx::Class::InflateColumn::DateTime?

If I can create a transaction here that would be a
good place for it.  But I think the main trouble is
that all the databases have quite varied approaches to
this, so I am starting be be doubtful I can create
something that can be used across the board. I am
guessing I need to create something like an in/deflate
plugin that supports various plugins below it for the
different databases.  That way I can do the postgresql
one for my client but put something in place other
people could add into.  Just not sure what direction
others have taken in this, so I thought to ask for
thoughts

--john

http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/trunk/DBIx-Class/

http://www.mail-archive.com/dbix-class@lists.rawmode.org/