[Dbix-class] "group" as a column name

Mike Friedman friedo at friedo.com
Sat Nov 11 10:21:38 GMT 2006

I've got a column called "group". (Stupid, I know, but not my design.)

This seems to be causing syntax errors when I try to insert via DBIC. For
example:

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check
the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near 'group, lname, name) VALUES....

The way to get around this is to quote the column names in the SQL (`group`
instead of group). Is there a way to get DBIC to do this?

Mike