[Dbix-class] Re: Catching DBI errors, without eval?

Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Mon Nov 13 00:20:51 GMT 2006

On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 05:47:49PM -0500, Len Jaffe wrote:

> At the DBI level, you use the RaiseError option at connect time to determine
> whether DBI should raise
> an exception.  It has a sister option PrintError, which determines whether
> the error message ($DBI::errstr)
> is printed to SDTERR.

Ok, I'm now connecting to the database as follows:

        my $schema = __PACKAGE__->connect($DSN, $username, $password,
            { PrintError => 0, RaiseError => 0 } );

However I'm still getting errored out when I try and delete this row:

    DBIx::Class::Relationship::CascadeActions::delete(): Error executing
    'DELETE FROM contact WHERE ( contactid = ? AND owner = ? )': Cannot
    delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails at
    test3.pl line 21

I've added cascade_delete => 0 to all the has_many() declarations.
Shouldn't that switch this off?

Joe
--
Josef Karthauser (joe at tao.org.uk)	       http://www.josef-k.net/