[Dbix-class] How do I set disable_sth_caching?

Louis Erickson lerickson at rdwarf.net
Wed Nov 15 03:40:05 GMT 2006

I have a need to avoid prepare_cached().  I found the disable_sth_caching
option in the manual.

What I haven't yet found is an example of how to actually set it.

The manual says that these options are normally accessed via
the connection method in DBIx::Class::Schema.  It also has some examples.
The examples don't seem to actually show what you'd call ->connect_info()
off of, though, and I've not yet figured that out.

These options look like the values that are passed to connect, and seem to
be related.    DBIx::Class::Schema says that connect is a shortcut for
$schema->clone->connection() and that connection() passes the parameters
to $storage->connect_info().

I tried just passing them to my schema's connect() call, both as part of
the DBI parameter hashref, and as a separate parameter.  As part of the
DBI hashref, it seems to be ignored.  As a fourth parameter, it causes:

DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::dbh(): DBI Connection failed: Usage:
$class->connect([$dsn [,$user [,$passwd [,\%attr]]]])

Can someone point out what I'm missing?

--
Louis Erickson - lerickson at rdwarf.net - http://www.rdwarf.com/~wwonko/

"Nirvana?  Thats the place where the powers that be and their friends
hang out.
		-- Zonker Harris