[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class::Tree::NestedSet -- looking for a collaborator. Ned?

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Nov 20 19:43:27 GMT 2006

On 20 Nov 2006, at 18:02, Roman Filippov wrote:

> I was speaking with Matt yesterday on the IRC and he said that
> Nested Set Trees have already been implemented in the MojoMojo. It
> needs to porting/adopting to fit the DBIx::Class[::Tree].
>
> Also Matt mentioned that somebody that goes by the name Ned from -
> Ordered was interested in working on this. Ned, please respond.
>
> More Info about "Nested Set Trees" and trees in general:
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/hierarchical-data.html
> http://www.sitepoint.com/article/hierarchical-data-database/2
> http://fungus.teststation.com/~jon/treehandling/TreeHandling.htm
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/280653

The other one that'd be really nice to have is materialized path.

The nested interval stuff (and the even more complex farey interval
trickery) is fascinating, but ultimately only of theoretical use -
although if somebody wants to contribute an implementation of either
for curiosity value I'm not going to stand in their way :)

(for those looking confused, nested intervals are something different
to nested sets - you can completely ignore all but the first sentence
of this reply quite safely :)

--
Matt S Trout, Technical Director, Shadowcat Systems Ltd.
Offering custom development, consultancy and support contracts for