[Dbix-class] Kewl: C::A::G

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Wed Nov 22 17:35:51 GMT 2006

Matt S Trout wrote:
> Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>> Guess I need to keep up with current more:
>>
>>> Removed Class::Data::Accessor and DBIx::Class::AccessorGrouped and
>>> replaced with Class::Accessor::Grouped.
>>
>> Good thing I stumbled across the perf issue in C::A::G when I did. That
>> could've sucked.
> =

> Perf issue? C'mon dude, enlighten us :)
> =

> =

Sigh. svn log is your friend...and if you'd ever read that email backlog
of yours you'd know. :-)

> 0.03  2006-11-07 21:33::35
>     - big speedup for get_inherited
>     - get_inherited now checks the current class first before calculating=
 super_path
>     - get_inherited now caches super_path results

Basically, I was calculating the super_path all of the time, rather than
checking the current class variable first...and with a little extra
caching of the super_path returned from Class::ISA, things take about
1/4 the time they used to for get_inherited based accessors.

I only found it by accident after the Cat/RoR/Django/using DPRof
discussion, and proffing a simple Handel Cart search; noticing that
get_inherited+Class::ISA::super_path was chewing up all of my time...

P.S.  Don't let me forget to set the C::A::G req to 0.03+.

-=3DChris