[Dbix-class] Occasional problems with multilevel has_many prefetches

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 15:31:17 GMT 2006

On 11/26/06, Nigel Metheringham
<nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk> wrote:
> I have just committed a failing test for 2 level prefetches (in this
> case artist->cds->tracks) to the DBIx::Class trunk (changeset 2943)
>    http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/trac/bast/changeset/2943
>
> Hopefully this should help with diagnosis of the problem myself and
> Nilson have seen.

Hopefully that test case will be enough. However, I've encountered
situations where it worked alright for some data sets. It's somewhat
dependant on the data *and* on the order_by clause of your query
(sometimes the same query would work when ordered using some columns,
sometimes it would stop working using another columns, etc).

I've sent a "non-integrated" test case some days ago which provided
the test code and the data where the problem happens for sure. I don't
really know if someone is already working on this issue. I've also
sent a bunch of messages maybe 1 or 2 months ago when I tried fixing
it myself which might help whoever tries to fix it (I couldn't, it got
too hairy for me since I'm no DBIC internals expert).

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.