[Dbix-class] ->storage->disconnect() Required After Using SQLite?

Kiki kiki at bsdro.org
Wed Oct 4 09:19:16 CEST 2006

Jess Robinson wrote:
> .. Although all the connect examples about use AutoCommit => 0, is there a
> good reason for this, I wonder? Are there any good reasons to turn off
> AutoCommit with DBIC at all?
>
> Jess

Saves you a $dbh->begin_work call. Granted, depending on where you start
looking (connection options or code) it might not be obvious from the
beginning that there are transactions afoot. But it's easier/quicker to
just set AutoCommit => 0, so you can

<do stuff>
$dbh->commit;
<do stuff>
$dbh->rollback;

than to put $dbh->begin_work at the start and after each commit/rollback
call. Can be a good thing, YMMV.