[Dbix-class] ->storage->disconnect() Required After Using SQLite?

Jason Kohles email at jasonkohles.com
Wed Oct 4 16:36:21 CEST 2006

On Oct 4, 2006, at 5:20 AM, Steven Mackenzie wrote:

> What I had been looking for was a list of the options that I can
> pass to
> connect, and what they do, but that isn't there?

The options just get passed to DBI->connect, so the documentation is
all in the DBI pod.

> It's like an AutoTransaction option then? I don't really like that
> because it means you have to mix the DBIx::Class API with whatever API
> your storage offers.
>
> Does anyone else feel the attribute name "AutoCommit" is counter
> intuitive?
>
> The actual behaviour (when AutoCommit=>1) is allow DBIx::Class to
> manage
> transactions and auto commit unless explicit transactions calls
> (txn_*)
> are made.
>
> When AutoCommit=>0 the user must manages transactions directly on the
> dbh or whatever storage is used.
>
> Maybe that interpretation didn't occour to me because I've never used
> the DBI API?

Probably, it makes more sense if you look at it directly from the DBI
perspective, where it essentially means 'start a transaction
automatically when I change the AutoCommit setting, and issue a
commit after every successful database operation.'  Since DBIx::Class
is just passing the options off to DBI it doesn't seem quite as
intuitive there.  Reading through the DBI docs will probably clear up
a lot of the confusion.

--
Jason Kohles
email at jasonkohles.com
http://www.jasonkohles.com/
"A witty saying proves nothing."  -- Voltaire