[Dbix-class] inserting utf8 data into varchar columns for a postgres utf8 database

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 5 02:52:41 CEST 2006

Okay,

Sorry this had nothing to do with utf8, but some data
that was formated in CHARSET=windows-1252, that crazy
windows only format.

I found a modules called, "Encode::ZapCP1252" but that
didn't seem to help me.  It actually seemed to just
delete all the values it received without changing
anything.

I could run a regex to clean this out but that's
really ugly.

Has anyone run into that and found a more elegant
solution (besides yelling at the people sending me
windows only data?)?

Thanks!

John Napiorkowski

http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/trunk/DBIx-Class/