[Dbix-class] Anybody still interested in seeing a step-by-step tutorial written?

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 15:58:56 CEST 2006

Well, I quite like the approach in DBIx::Class::Manual::Example, and
I've started DBIx::Class::Manual::Example::Queries to show some
further examples building on the first one.  Feel free to offer
suggestions or to finish it ;) - disclaimer - there may well be logic
errors in this material to date.

There's less conceptual ground to cover in DBIC than in Catalyst so I
think it lends itself to a slightly different approach.

My criteria for this tutorial stuff is that
a.  there should be more discussion than in a basic api reference (eg
DBIC::Resultset's pod - I find it's terseness frequently confusing)
and
b.  There should be  working reference implementation code to hold the
hand of the unwary n00b to stop them from having to ask silly
questions.

The alternative approach would be to write some wrapper pod around the
existing DBIC tests of relevance to explain wtf is going on which of
course takes care of the reference implementation problem at source.

Either way, let me know what you think.