[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class dev release 0.07999_01

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 04:19:31 CEST 2006

I've just pushed 0.07999_01 out to CPAN.  In the meantime, you can grab it
directly at http://dtmf.com/DBIx-Class-0.07999_01.tar.gz

This is *not* a real release candidate for the 0.08xxx series, as I believe
there are still a number of other pending features intended to go in before
that.  This is just being pushed out because there have already been a
number of invasive changes in the development branch (especially in the
Storage layer), and it's time for some broader testing of what we've got so
far.

Here's the Changes updates for this release:

0.07999_01 2006-10-05 21:00:00
        - add connect_info option "disable_statement_caching"
        - create insert_bulk using execute_array, populate uses it
        - added DBIx::Class::Schema::load_namespaces, alternative to
          load_classes
        - added source_info method for source-level metadata (kinda like
          column_info)
        - Some of ::Storage::DBI's code/docs moved to ::Storage
        - DBIx::Class::Schema::txn_do code moved to ::Storage
        - Storage::DBI now uses exceptions instead of ->ping/->{Active}
checks
        - Storage exceptions are thrown via the schema class's
throw_exception
        - DBIx::Class::Schema::throw_exception's behavior can be modified
via
          ->exception_action
        - columns_info_for is deprecated, and no longer runs automatically.
          You can make it work like before via
          __PACKAGE__->column_info_from_storage(1) for now

Happy hacking :)

--Brandon