[Dbix-class] Modifying DBIx::Class::Core (collapsing classes)

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Oct 23 01:18:36 BST 2006

Basically, the reason I've been asking about this is that next::method is
approx 2*sub call plus a hash lookup overhead (note sub call, method calls are
marginally more expensive than sub calls).

Given nobody seems to be using the component in isolation, I was wondering
about collapsing any next::method stuff into a single method, probably in Row.
This would make exactly zero difference if everybody's only subclassing Core,
but would probably give us a noticeable performance improvement.

Thoughts? Comments? Objections?