[Dbix-class] request: DBICbench.pl

John Siracusa siracusa at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 28 22:57:05 BST 2006

On 10/28/06 2:44 PM, Matt S Trout wrote:
> What I'd like is for somebody to steal siracusa's RDBO benchmark code and turn
> it into a tool for benching DBIC vs. other-version-of-DBIC vs. everything
> else.

Since you can't have two different versions of DBIC in memory at once, you
can't bench one version vs. another in a single process (and therefore a
single call to cmpthese()).  That being the case, you might as well just run
the existing bench.pl script twice with different perl -I ... lib
directories each time:

    % perl -I /path/to/DBIC-0.07/lib bench.pl --cmp DBIx::Class ...

    % perl -I /path/to/DBIC-0.08/lib bench.pl --cmp DBIx::Class ...

Then compare the results.  (I think I'd only need to tweak bench.pl's
treatment of the --cmp flag, which currently always includes
Rose::DB::Object in the list of modules to compare.)

-John