[Dbix-class] RFC: DBIx::Class::JSON

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 00:00:07 CEST 2006

I've recently started using lots of JSON on one of my current
application so I felt the need to come up with a DBIC row to JSON
serializer.

It's currently under internal use only but I thought it might be
useful to other people, so I might be releasing it to the CPAN. But
first, I thought it would be wise to ask around if this is indeed
needed or if there already is a better solution that I'm unware of.

The serializer is implemented as a DBIC component and is fairly
simplistic. It is also kind of intrusive when dealing with
relationships (but, for me, it's just DWIM).

Attached you'll find the code for DBIx::Class::JSON. I could polish it
up, writing documentation and some test cases if it does end up being
released. I also recognize that it needs some improvement so I'd be
glad if someone helped me out with new ideas or code.

Either way, a good DBIC to JSON serializer is something that would
benefit DBIC a lot, IMO. So if my implementation blows to the point
that it's unfixable, I'd also be glad to help out if anyone provided a
good replacement.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.