[Dbix-class] Splitting reads and writes to different dbh

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Sat Sep 16 19:08:44 CEST 2006

Hi,

There's been some conversations about multiplexing and spreading reads
across replica dbh while funneling writes and transactions to another
or set of writable masters.

I'm wondering what the status of this is at the moment? Is anyone
working on this or having architectural thoughts in this direction?
One of my projects has an issue that its live database is being
squeezed down an ADSL which is making it suck. Moving the live db in
the short term is not an option.

I would do this work myself but need some input into the design. Matt,
Brandon? Alternatively I'm happy to contract someone to do the work in
DBIx::Class.

Cheers, Paul