[Dbix-class] Class::C3::XS dev release

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 05:43:48 GMT 2007

On the heels of the "bleadperl patch" email, I'd like to announce the
first development release of Class::C3::XS as well.  Class::C3::XS is
something of a halfway-point between plain Class::C3 and the bleadperl
patch, which runs on 5.8.x.  It is purely performance enhancement, it
can't do any of the "correctness" stuff in the bleadperl patch
(meaning all the same caveats of Class::C3 still apply).

I hope that its nearly as fast as the bleadperl patch at runtime
(although the load-time hit of Class::C3::initialize() will still be a
little slow).  You don't use it directly, Class::C3 uses it
automatically if its available on the system.

You'll need a new dev release of Class::C3 itself as well, here are
the links (they should show up on CPAN soon too):

http://www.dtmf.com/Class-C3-0.15_02.tar.gz
http://www.dtmf.com/Class-C3-XS-0.01_01.tar.gz

Install those in a normal perl 5.8.x environment and see how it goes :)

-- Brandon