[Dbix-class] Schema::Loader and is_auto_increment

Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker ilmari at ilmari.org
Fri Dec 14 15:58:00 GMT 2007

Hi all,

Triggered by rt.cpan.org bug #31473¹ (thanks, frankg), I've added
support for auto-incrementing columns in DBIC::Schema::Loader (on the
"current" branch)².

So far it only supports MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite, since those are
the only DBMS I have access to. I would greatly appreciate if someone
who uses and knows DB2 (hi, castaway :) and Oracle could figure how to
detect that a column is auto-incrementing in these DBMS.

Currently the code assumes that if $dbh->can('column_info') it has the
info there (this is the case for PostgreSQL and MySQL), but that does
not seem to be the case for DB2, so I'm open to changing the API to the
vendor class as necessary.

Thanks in advance,

ilmari

[1]: http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=31473
[2]: http://dev.catalystframework.org/svnweb/bast/revision/?rev=3898

--
"A disappointingly low fraction of the human race is,
 at any given time, on fire." - Stig Sandbeck Mathisen