[Dbix-class] Oracle 8 w/DBIx::Class

Justin W dbic at datademons.com
Tue Jan 2 14:42:03 GMT 2007

Hi,

I read that someone on this list was looking for Oracle 8 support in
DBIx::Class.  I have needed the same thing, and ended up writing it.  It is
attached.

It does not have a test suite, so you'll have to just use it, and hope it
works out for you.  Anyone is welcome to write and contribute test code for
it.

#include
<standard-disclaimer-about-not-knowing-dbic-internals-very-well-and-the-possibility-of-this-code-being-completely-wrong.h>

To use it, in your base module, after:

use base qw( DBIx::Class::Schema );

Put:

__PACKAGE__->storage_type('DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle8');

It should just work after that.

Justin