[Dbix-class] Unexpected ORDER BY in query

Ben Staude sben1783 at yahoo.de
Fri Jan 5 14:22:32 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I hope my question can be answered "generally" so I don't have to go too much
into the details of my dbic setup...

Here's my problem:
I select rows in a table and use prefetch to also select a has_many
relationship. The select itself is ok, but it contains an "ORDER BY"
statement that I can't explain. It orders by the first column of the
connection table.

I eliminated every order_by in the project's complete source code; it didn't
help. I don't use sort_column() anywhere.

If I add an order_by to the ResultSet attributes, this column is added to the
ORDER BY in front of the "unwanted" sort-column.

Is there any chance you can tell what's happening here? Of course, I suspect
my schema to be broken in some way, but there must be a place in DBIC's code
where the ORDER BY is added for some reason. What would be possible reasons?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Ben