[Dbix-class] RFC: DBIx::Class::TypedView (or Is this CPAN worthy?)

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 00:11:57 GMT 2007

On 1/10/07, Mark Hedges <hedges at ucsd.edu> wrote:
> Am I wrong that this idea is there are multiple identical tables
> for the same class of object, and the search methods build
> unions across the tables and send updates to the correct tables?

Well, in practice, the code I currently have relies on having a view
that has already been defined as the union across the tables, but the
updates are then sent to the correct tables. It also has some other
limitations which I don't remember right now - but it works.

I kind of prefer this approach since having a view can make things
cleaner since it's another layer of abstraction and is possibly more
efficient since the database could perform moro thorough optimizations
but I guess it'd do no harm if it could do both things (i.e. use a
view or generate the unions).

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.