[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class::InflateColumn::DateTime for DB2

Takashi Karino tkarino at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 13:47:12 GMT 2007

Hi, all

I encountered a problem as below while tyring to use
DBIx::Class::InflateColumn::DateTime.

'register_column' method of DBIx::Class::InflateColumn::DateTime
changes 'timestamp' to 'datetime' internally, then call
'parse_datetime' method of DateTime::Format::XX object.
but, DateTime::Format::DB2 doesn't have parse_datetime.

So I have to make some fix for DBIx::Class::InflateColumn::DateTime to
call parse_timestamp or add parase(format)_datetime method to
DateTime::Format::DB2 as my code get done correctly.

I think the fix for DateTime::Format::DB2 is easier, but DB2 actually
does't have datetime type unlike other DBMS (Oracle, MySQL).

Could anyone give some comments which one is more appropriate.

Regards.

-  Takashi Karino
tkarino at gmail.com