[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class::InflateColumn::DateTime for DB2

Nathan Gray kolibrie at graystudios.org
Thu Jan 18 21:57:06 GMT 2007

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 04:20:44PM +0100, Hartmaier Alexander wrote:
> What is the default date datatype format for Oracle?

It's pretty useless:

  DD-MON-RR

The timestamp default format is much better:

  DD-MON-RR HH.MI.SSXFF AM

or with timezone is:

  DD-MON-RR HH.MI.SSXFF AM TZR

but you have to make sure you 'alter session set time_zone' to a
timezone name that both Oracle and DateTime understand (and not use
offsets).  I remember it being a little tricky last time I looked at
it.

> Luckily my chosen format is the same one MySQL uses, which is the default parse format for DBIC, so date de-/inflating works for me.

That works.

-kolibrie