[Dbix-class] transactions, etc.

Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Wed Jan 24 16:43:13 GMT 2007

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 10:26:08AM -0600, Brandon Black wrote:

> The current development branch has re-worked this, I think your
> comments are based on the released 0.07 stuff.  In the dev branch, the
> recommended txn_do style handles reconnects correctly, but I don't
> think manually using txn_begin/txn_end offer explicit guarantees in
> some corner cases (like, if you started a transaction, did a few
> things successfully, then lost your connection in mid-transaction -
> but that would be rare assuming you're not holding transactions open
> for long periods, which you shouldn't - but in any case what will
> happen is you'd lose the top half of the transaction, but carry on
> trying to execute the rest of it (and probably fail there for
> referential integrity reasons in many cases)).

Nope, I'm talking about the -current branch.  I think that the code when
it reconnections should check to see whether the internal transaction
count is non-zero, and if it raise an exception instead of proceeding.
That would be the safest thing to do.

Joe
--
=== Josef Karthauser (joe at tao.org.uk) === http://x2obuilder.com/tao ===