[Dbix-class] Re: Help with Titanic Number of Inserts

Ryan Richt rjr2 at cec.wustl.edu
Wed Jan 24 23:47:06 GMT 2007

Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for your really helpful comments.  Using the batch
Oracle and MySQL) we got a 720x speed improvement (from 30 days to 1
hour).

Definitely going to keep the fancy MySQL stuff (partitioned tables,
clustering, archive storage engine) in mind.

Tomorrow we will be looking at selects instead of inserts ;-)

Wish us luck and thank you all again!

ryan