[Dbix-class] Listing of many_to_many relations (ResultSet reflection)

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 11:23:09 GMT 2007

Hi Matt,

No need for heating the debate.  I feel now we are at least getting
into something.  I would like to validate the API first before I go
into the details about the needed data structures.  Otherwise I would
have to think up all possible data structures supporting all possible
APIs - it is more economic to first narrow the search space.

I can accept that you don't want to have the bridge relations listed
by the relationships method. You did not really answered my argument
that "If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ..." and about
hiding low level details  (which should be good for high level
interfaces).  But I can understand that it might be difficult or
something and that generally you decide. OK.

But then the only other way to have the reflection I can see is to add
another method - this is what I wanted to validate before I start
looking into the needed datastructures.  It does not matter at this
moment if it is called many_to_many_relationships or
bridge_relationships or any other name, but rather just that we choose
to add another method.

Cheers,
Zbyszek

--