[Dbix-class] error installing DBIx::Class

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 14:22:02 GMT 2007

--- Octavian Rasnita <orasnita at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have tried installing DBIx::Class using the cpan
> shell and also
> perl Makefile.PL
> make
> make test
>
> But on the "test" step it gives the following error:
>
> Failed Test             Stat Wstat Total Fail
> Failed  List of Failed

> t/33storage_reconnect.t    0    11     2    2
> 100.00%  2
> 39 tests and 14 subtests skipped.
> Failed 1/100 test scripts, 99.00% okay. 1/1831
> subtests failed, 99.95% okay.
> make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
>
> I am doing this using Perl 5.8.8 threaded under
> SuSE.
>
> Please tell me what can I do. I think is not ok to
> force install it.
>
> Thank you.

Can you "prove --verbose t/33storage_reconnect.t" on
that test so we can get the details?  There isn't a
lot going on in that test that I can see would go
easily wrong and also not cause lots of other tests to
fail.

You could also try debugging the test a bit, checking
to see if the $schema returns something valid, etc.
It's actually a small test to check if the system
properly reconnects when you lose a database handle.

I always like to toss in a:

ok $schema, 'Got a Schema object';
isa_ok $schema, 'DBIx::Class::Schema';

just to be sure.

If the test is returning a valid $schema you might
want to add some debug output to try to determine
what's actually happening.  If you look at the actual
test you'll see the first test is simply:

cmp_ok(@art, '==', 3, "Three artists returned");

I'd add some debug to see how long @art actually is,
for example.

--john