[Dbix-class] Reconnecting Behavior

Adam Herzog adam at herzogdesigns.com
Mon Jul 30 16:03:44 GMT 2007

On Jul 26, 2007, at 2:17 PM, Adam Herzog wrote:
> On Jul 26, 2007, at 12:19 PM, Brandon Black wrote:
>> As I understand the code, it *should* be attempting reconnection.
>> Any
>> chance you can make a test file that reproduces the behavior?
>
> I've added a test to 33storage_reconnect.t; attached is the output
> of an svn diff against trunk.
>
> Essentially, there was already a test to make sure that it would
> reconnect if it lost its connection. I had to make that
> reconnection fail, so I rename the sqlite file, try to fetch some
> data, rename the file back, and then try to fetch some data again.
> The last fetch fails, when it should succeed.

After trying to look into the problem, I discovered that my test is
never going to work. After moving the db file and trying to
reconnect, SQLite just creates a new file, so it IS connected to a db
and so it doesn't try to reconnect again.

I'll dig around some more and see what I can come up with; maybe add
tests to the live mysql test file, I guess.

-A