[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class 0.07999_06 (aka 0.08 RC3) released

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 17:45:54 GMT 2007

On 6/14/07, Hartmaier Alexander <Alexander.Hartmaier at t-systems.at> wrote:
> I installed it on a prod box today and encountered a dbh leak.
> I use Embperl under mod_perl and see a large amount of db connections from the same apache process (of course with the same username, password).
> I pass the $dbh to some functions which need db access, so that they don't need to establish their own db connection, maybe that's the root of evil.
> This didn't happen with 0.0700x.
> A 'undef $dbh;' at the end of the embperl page didn't fix it either.
> Is there a connection to DBIC::Storage::DBI::Cursor::DESTROY bug fixed in 0.07999_06?

Does this happen in _06 only, or also _05 and earlier?  It would be
better to access the $dbh via $schema->storage->dbh->foo(), or even
better, $schema->storage->dbh_do($coderef), and you certainly can
always cause $dbh leaks by passing the $dbh around in your own code,
although thigns that didn't leak under 0.07006 I wouldn't expect to
leak now...

-- Brandon